Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream is made with 3-ingredients, takes 5 minutes to make and is topped with peanut butter, peanuts and chocolate!
Whipped banana ice cream is seriously one of my very favorite snacks. The texture is amazing- like soft serve ice cream but a little fluffier in the best way. I decided to make this into a Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream and topped it with drizzled peanut butter, roasted peanuts and chocolate because why not?
**Keep reading for the BEST peanut giveaway for 2 $75 peanut gift baskets!
Another name for banana-based ice cream is “nice cream” because it is a healthier way to make ice cream. With the base of bananas and a little milk, it can be fat free, no sugar added and dairy-free if you use dairy-free milk. When you add the peanut butter, it adds healthy fat, protein and fiber while still having either no-added sugar or very low added sugar.
Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream Variations
My kids are crazy for any kind of banana ice cream and Oliver and Lily especially are peanut butter crazy! They cannot get enough. When the kids want dessert (which is always) this is such a great option to give them a healthier choice that still tastes sweet and indulgent. Since it is nutritious, we actually eat peanut butter banana ice cream for breakfast a lot!
Why Cook with Peanuts and Peanut Butter
Peanuts and peanut butter are always a great option and I’m going to tell you why.
1. Peanuts and peanut butter are super convenient– Need a snack? Grab a handful of peanuts! Need a lunch? Make a quick peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Last night, we needed an easy meal on the road and I made PB and J sandwiches for the kids. They loved it!
2. Peanuts are affordable! A 16-ounce container of peanuts costs about $2-3. That’s a lot of nutrients for that price! I like to look for a sale and get a few containers to have on hand in my pantry since we go through them like crazy. Peanut butter is $1-2 for a store brand peanut butter and a little more for a name brand. Way more affordable than any other nut out there.
3. Peanuts are the real fast food– Peanuts and peanut butter are ready to eat! Doesn’t get quicker than that.
4. Peanuts taste amazing! I love peanut butter so, so much. I eat it every single day. Some favorite ways to enjoy are: swirled in my oatmeal, on top of a muffin, on toast, on crackers and so many other ways.
5. Peanuts are versatile– Peanuts can be used for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and dessert! Doesn’t get much more versatile than that.
6. Peanuts are healthy! One serving, which is 1 ounce of peanuts or 2 tablespoons of peanut butter has 7 grams of protein, heart-healthy fats and 19 vitamins and minerals. When we need protein, this is one of my top go-to foods.
This post is sponsored by The Peanut Institute. I feel proud to partner with them because we are huge fans of all peanut products!