A single pot orzo with tomato sauce & calamari
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 400g chopped tomatoes in tin
- ½ cup basil leaves chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon carob syrup or agave + ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 250g medium entire wheat orzo
- 1kg calamari rings ( 500gr chopped in 3 cm parts and 500gr in rings)
- Salt pepper
- 2 cups warm h2o
- 2-3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a massive cooking pot in excess of medium-large warmth.
- Insert the minced garlic and cook dinner for a minute stirring with a wood spoon. Insert the chopped tomatoes from the tin and stir. Add 50 percent of the chopped basil, vinegar, carob, honey, onion powder & stir.
- Increase calamari items and rings, stir and cook dinner for 2-3 minutes.
- Cut down warmth to medium. Stir in the orzo and cook for a minute, stirring sometimes.
- Pour in the scorching water very little by little stirring frequently with a wood spoon. The orzo will take in it promptly. It will take about 15 minutes for the orzo to cook this way and come to be al dente. Not much too comfortable when you chunk it. Incorporate the relaxation of the chopped basil leaves.
- So, the moment you have stirred in all the h2o and the orzo has cooked to al dente, acquire the pot off the warmth and enable stand for a handful of minutes. The far more orzo sits the more it absorbs the sauce so never worry if the sauce isn’t going to glimpse as thick. It will get there even if it can be taken off from the warmth.
- Provide orzo with a great deal of freshly ground pepper, drizzle with olive oil on prime with basil leaves.
(Visited 281 instances, 2 visits these days)