This cupboard Creamy Artichoke White Bean Dip relies upon pantry staples you might have on your shelf right now. Canned white beans, artichokes, and roasted red peppers form the basis of this creamy, Mediterranean-inspired dip, which is sun-kissed with a touch of lemon, olive oil, onions, and basil. You can mix it up with only 7 ingredients (not including pantry staples) in 15 minutes. It’s perfect for toting along to a picnic, party, or potluck. And best of all, you can make it without relying on a run to the supermarket, as long as you have these staples on hand. Just serve it with whole grain crackers or sliced veggies. It’s also great as a spread for veggie-burgers, sandwiches, or falafels, too. This dip is super-rich in nutrients, including protein, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals—plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
This easy, healthy, vegan, gluten-free cupboard Creamy Artichoke White Bean Dip relies upon pantry staples you might have on your shelf right now. Get it done in 15 minutes with only 7 ingredients.
- 1 14-ounce can artichokes, packed in water
- 1 (15-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ lemon, juiced (1 tablespoon juice)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ (16-ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- ¼ medium red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup fresh basil, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Drain artichokes thoroughly through a colander, and reserve liquid. Chop artichokes into small pieces. Add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Place drained white beans in a blender container. Add lemon juice and garlic. Blend while adding olive oil and enough of the reserved artichoke liquid to make a thick dip texture (about the texture of hummus). Transfer the white bean mixture to the mixing bowl.
- Drain the roasted red peppers thoroughly through a colander. Chop roasted red peppers into small pieces. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add red onion and basil to the mixing bowl. Gently mix. Season with black pepper and salt as desired.
- Serve immediately or chill with crackers or vegetables as an appetizer or dip. Makes 10 servings (about 1/3 cup each).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 99
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 323 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: vegan dip, artichoke dip, vegan artichoke dip
For other delicious plant-based dips, check out the following:
Smoky Eggplant Olive Dip
Basic Vegan Basil Pesto
“Cheddar” Cashew Cheese
Cranberry Jalapeno Hummus
Easy Raspberry Salsa
I love to use my Nutribullet to make dips like this one. Grab my discount code to get your own!
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.