It bears repeating – 30 to forty p.c of all meals is squandered.
I was a visitor on the Diet Diva Podcast wherever we chatted about meals waste and how we can all acquire a seem at our latest procuring, cooking and foods waste habits and contemplate small modifications.
Foodstuff waste is accountable for about 6-8% of all greenhouse gas emission. Even nevertheless there are a lot of factors throughout the source chain that direct to food waste, you and I can do our aspect. Imagine if each domestic wasted just a pound much less of foodstuff each and every working day? That adds up when it comes to what’s in your municipal landfill!
3 Rapid Zero Waste Cooking Ideas
- Obtain considerably less. Only place meals into your grocery cart that you have a strategy for.
- Shop it correct. Understand more about storing clean deliver, greatest by dates, and use your freezer to preserve foodstuff.
- Use it all. Locate new recipes. Use leftovers in innovative strategies. Cook dinner from the pantry and freezer.
What Else Can You Do?
Foods squander isn’t just bad for the earth. Over 10 percent of People in america are foods insecure, and managing foodstuff in a different way could have a beneficial impression. There are a handful of uncomplicated ways you can acquire.
- Decrease foods squander in your kitchen area. Look at out my new guide to learn how.
- Stimulate many others to waste a lot less food stuff.
- Donate to Feeding America® or your regional food items bank.