A colourful and nutritious meatless Monday meal the whole family will enjoy
This colourful bowl makes for a healthy meatless Monday weekday meal (and a tasty leftover lunch the next day or make-ahead meal for busy weekday meals).
Makes 4 Servings
What You Need
Greek Tofu Power Bowl Recipe Ingredients:
Greek Tofu Ingredients
- 1 package (350 g) extra firm tofu
- 2 tbsp Greek seasoning
- 4 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
Lemon Tahini Salad Dressing Ingredients
- 2 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp white sugar or honey
- ¼ tsp salt
Power Bowl Ingredients
- Cooked couscous (or rice, quinoa or roasted potatoes)
- Romaine lettuce, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Chickpeas, canned and drained (optional)
- Your choice of vegetables such as:
- Sweet bell peppers (red, yellow and orange), sliced
- Canned artichokes, drained and sliced and roasted in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil (or sliced marinated artichokes)
- Steamed or raw carrots, sliced
- Sliced tomatoes or grape/cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese, crumbled or cubed (optional)
How to Make the Greek Tofu Power Bowl
- Drain the tofu and slice into slices and press between paper towels to remove excess water. Slice tofu into bite-sized cubes and toss in a bowl with the Greek seasoning, oil and lemon juice. Use right away or let marinate over night.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bake the Greek tofu for 20-30 minutes at 450 degrees F, flipping half-way.
- Prepare lemon tahini salad dressing by combining all the ingredients in a bowl and whisking well.
- Prepare separate bowls of all the remaining bowl ingredients.
- Assemble bowls starting with lettuce, couscous/rice/quinoa/roasted potatoes and drizzling with lemon tahini salad dressing.
Nutrients per serving
Nutrition analysis done with (½ cup couscous, 1 cup romaine lettuce, ½ cup yellow peppers, 8 olives, ¼ cup canned artichokes, 1/8 cup carrots):
15.8 g Carbohydrates
9.9 g Protein
26.5 g Fat
2.8 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Looking for more healthy recipe ideas? Check out these recipes below!
About Andrea Holwegner
CEO, Registered Dietitian, Counseling Practice Director & Professional Speaker
Andrea the «Chocoholic Nutritionist» is founder and CEO of Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. since 2000. She is an online nutrition course creator, professional speaker and regular guest in the media. Andrea is the recipient of an award by the Dietitians of Canada: The Speaking of Food & Healthy Living Award for Excellence in Consumer Education….Read more