Easy milkshakes, like this creamy butterscotch milkshake are a great spring/summer dessert to cool down with. This 3 ingredient milkshake takes just 5 minutes to make too. Try this Biscoff Milkshake or Mint Chocolate Milkshake.
How will this butterscotch shake make your life easier?
Great milkshakes can be hard to find, I’ve found, so here’s to making your own. This butterscotch milkshake is so easy and delicious. You can use store-bought butterscotch sauce or make your own.
If you want to make homemade butterscotch, make this PB Caramel and don’t add the peanut butter powder. This recipe is actually butterscotch because it’s made with brown sugar instead of white sugar.
Here are a couple other super easy dessert ideas: Biscoff Milkshake, Peanut Butter Chia Pudding, Halloween Candy Bark, and Oven S’Mores.
What makes this easy milkshake so good?
How do I make this shake?
Use store bought butterscotch sauce or make your own to add to your butterscotch milkshake. (use this Peanut Butter Caramel, just don’t add the peanut butter powder). Let it cool completely before adding to milkshake (so it won’t melt your ice cream).
Add 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream, 1 Tablespoons* butterscotch sauce, and ¼ cup milk to high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
Drizzle butterscotch sauce in glass*, then pour butterscotch milkshake into glass. Top with fresh whipped cream and additional butterscotch sauce, if desired. Enjoy.
*add 1 Tablespoon butterscotch sauce to milkshake if drizzling extra butterscotch sauce in glass and on top. If you don’t add additional sauce, add 1-2 Tablespoons more sauce to blender.
*note: you will probably have small ribbons of unblended butterscotch in your shake. I wasn’t able to get the butterscotch completely blended into the ice cream and milk when testing. It’s a nice treat at the end of your butterscotch milkshake though!
- You can substitute the butterscotch sauce for caramel sauce too, butterscotch just has a deeper and slight molasses flavor compared to caramel.
- Substitute butterscotch sauce for about 2 Tablespoons butterscotch chips. The flavor may be different and you’ll probably have flecks of butterscotch in your shake, but that’s not a bad thing!
- This would also be delicious blended into chocolate or caramel ice cream.
- Other great add-ins: Oreo cookies, chocolate chips, or Biscoff cookies.
You can substitute some or all of the creamy butterscotch sauce with chips, I would add about 2 Tablespoons to the ice cream and milk to blend. You will end up with flecks of chips and the flavor will be slightly different, but still good!
How can I repurpose?
For an even easier way to use ingredients for your butterscotch milkshake, just drizzle butterscotch sauce over vanilla ice cream.
What can I make with leftover ingredients?
Did you make this butterscotch milkshake? Leave me a comment & rating to share how it turned out!
Easy milkshakes, like this butterscotch milkshake are a great spring/summer dessert to cool down with. This 3 ingredient milkshake takes just 5 minutes to make too
Measuring cups, spoons
High powered blender
- 1 ½ cups Vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-3 Tablespoons* butterscotch sauce
- additional butterscotch sauce optional
- whipped cream optional
Add 1 ½ cups vanilla ice cream, ¼ cup milk, and 1-3 Tablespoons butterscotch sauce to high powered blender. Blend until smooth.
Drizzle butterscotch sauce into glass before pouring milkshake into it, if desired. Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of butterscotch sauce on top, if desired.
- You can use store bought or homemade butterscotch sauce. You can use this PB Caramel recipe and just omit the peanut butter powder.
- Butterscotch sauce can be substituted with caramel sauce if needed.
- There may be small beads of butterscotch sauce in the bottom of your butterscotch milkshake, this is ok.
Recipes are great, but you’ll need a simple 3 step process to create a meal plan that make cooking easy & helps you stop wasting food. Check out this expertly developed meal planning guide to get started.