Table of Contents
A snack for when you are on the go or part of a balanced breakfast
What You Need
Banana Bran Muffin Ingredients
- 1½ cups wheat bran
- ⅔ cup whole wheat white flour or whole wheat pastry flour
- ⅓ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ cups mashed bananas (3 large)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Optional ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
How to Make the Banana Bran Muffin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and spray or line a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the wheat bran, flour, flaxseed, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash up the bananas. Add the eggs, almond milk, coconut oil, and vanilla; whisk well to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stir just until combined; if using fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into muffin wells and reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees F; bake for 18-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick is cleanly removed. Let sit in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Did you give this recipe a try? Make sure to post a photo of your muffin recipe and tag us on Facebook and Instagram @healthstandnutrition!
Nutrients per serving (without the chocolate chips):
26 g Carbohydrates
4 g Protein
7.6 g Fat
5.4 g Fibre
Don’t miss out on healthy new recipes or nutrition articles and sign up for our newsletter, today!
Sound Bites is a weekly nutrition newsletter that goes out to thousands of subscribers. Written by our team of registered dietitians and nutrition experts, it includes articles, videos, tips and recipes.
As a special BONUS, we’ll email you our popular ’51 Healthy Snack Attacks’ PDF.
Enjoyed this muffin recipe? Get inspired with more recipes on the blog here:
Brought to you by our friendly Registered Dietitian team at Health Stand Nutrition Consulting Inc. For more balanced living advice check out our RESOURCE MEGA BANK of nutrition articles, videos, healthy recipes, newsletters and meal planning kits here: www.healthstandnutrition.com/personal-nutrition/resource-mega-bank/